The following rules and conditions of entry (the “Rules”) relate to ‘The Walking Challenge ‘, (the “Event”) organised by The Charity for Civil Servants (“The Charity”).
PARTICIPATION AND FUNDRAISING
- Anyone over the age of 16 is able to sign up to take part in The Walking Challenge and will be asked to pay a registration fee of £5 per entry.
- Participants aged under 16 must provide contact details of their parent or legal guardian, and must receive permission from that parent or guardian to receive communication from The Charity about this challenge.
- There is no minimum sponsorship amount need in order to take part in the Challenge but we suggest a target of £50 per person.
- Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected automatically. Participants may also pay fundraising monies or donations by:
- calling the supporter care team on 020 8240 2413 with credit or debit card details to make a payment over the phone; or
- sending a cheque made payable to “The Charity for Civil Servants” stating your full name and referencing The Event to ‘Fundraising Team, The Charity for Civil Servants, 5 Anne Boleyn's Walk, Cheam, Sutton, SM3 8DY’
- All participants have a legal responsibility to ensure that all fundraising monies/donations received in connection with the Event are paid to The Charity as soon as possible. Fundraising monies/donations which are raised offline must be paid by no later than 1 December 2022, attached to a sponsorship form which can be downloaded at foryoubyyou.org.uk/get-involved/raise-money/do-your-own-fundraising/tools-and-materials. The Charity must receive the full amount of sponsorship money donated to you. Money received in sponsorship for the Event should not be used to cover any costs relating to the event.
- Should you decide to withdraw from the Event, all sponsor forms and sponsor money collected must be forwarded to The Charity or, following a request from the sponsors, returned to the sponsors to the extent reasonably possible. You should contact the Charity immediately should you decide to withdraw.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
- Any personal information you share on your fundraising page, or any other data sharing platform [such as FitBit, Map My Fitness, or Strava], is at your own risk. Please make sure you update and manage your own privacy settings as you see fit.
- You need to give The Charity, your consent for your details to be used to enable us to administer your registration and any sponsorship, donations, gift aid and to send you information about The Event. We shall only use your personal data for these purposes, unless you have given us consent to contact you about the Charity’s work, or other events, and will retain your personal data according to our retention schedule. Please read our full Privacy Statement at foryoubyyou.org.uk/privacy-statement
- You agree that The Charity may use without payment, any photographs, videos and other images in which you appear which are taken during the Event by any person, in our brochure, website, social network marketing activities or any other relevant promotional material. The Charity however, will not identify anyone by name without their prior agreement. Should you prefer that The Charity do not use any such images in which you may appear which are taken during the Event in any promotional materials or if you do not wish to be the subject of any photography, please notify us as soon as possible.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- If doing a physical challenge, by signing up to the Event, you confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, your general state of health and fitness is good and that you are healthy and fit (physically and medically) enough to enter and complete the Event. You acknowledge that you are taking part in this challenge at your own risk. You accept that, should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect your ability to compete, you shall withdraw from the Event in accordance with these conditions
- Participants enter the Event at their own risk. The Charity shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in or attendance of the Event, other than in respect of any injury or loss arising as a result of our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Rules shall operate to exclude or limit any liability which cannot legally be excluded or limited. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from their doctor prior to the Event.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring that they adhere to government guidelines surrounding Covid-19 restrictions. For the latest updates please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
Please contact The Fundraising Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0208 240 2413 if you have any queries.